REGISTER NOW! Early Bird Registration for the NCPTA Fall Conference 2018 on October 18-20 at the Koury Convention Center in Greensboro is now open.
There will be a selection of respected speakers and a variety of 36 courses to choose from. Two Orthopedic tracks are scheduled each day, one Neuro track on Thursday and Friday and a Pediatric track on Saturday. Each day will include a Special Topics track which will include courses such as Medical Therapeutic Yoga, Exercise Intolerance in Cancer Survivors, and Treating the Whole Patient.
The Keynote Luncheon this year will be held on Friday, rather than Saturday, featuring Josh Cleland, PT PhD talking on "Evidence about the Evidence," a discussion on how the evidence informs clinical practice guidelines. Critical appraisal of guidelines will be discussed using examples from both the physical therapy and medical communities. The Keynote Luncheon will be immediately followed by the NCPTA Business Meeting.
Town Hall Meeting and "Meet the Candidate" -- This year we will be introducing a new feature on Saturday at lunch. President Kyle Covington will host a town hall meeting to discuss issues important to the chapter and candidates running for office will be able to introduce themselves.
Election of Officers -- Because of the by-law that was passed last year, officers will not be elected before and during conference, but rather after the fall conference. This will allow candidates to be nominated from the floor of the business meeting on Friday.
Other Exciting Activities:
- NCPT PAC Pub Nite which will be held on Friday nite in the Disco at Koury Center... A fun night 2 years ago
- Quiz Bowl Trivia on Thursday night
- Awards & Honors Reception on Friday from 5:30pm-7:00pm
- NCPTA Business Meeting - Friday after lunch several important motions concerning association Governance will be brought forward
- Scholarship & Loan Committee Annual Raffle -- many baskets to support the scholarship and loan program
- Special Interest Groups (SIG) Meetings -- The Student SIG will meet on Thursday before Quiz Bowl. Other SIG meetings including Orthopedic, Private Practice, Student, Falls Prevention,Pediatrics, and Early Professionals will meet on Saturday morning from
8:00 am-9:00 am
- Visit Exhibitors and Recruiter Booths to see the latest in PT equipment and careers
As you can see we have a full line up of courses and activities planned for Greensboro, so hurry and take advantage of Early Bird registration and register by September 10.
NOTE: Hotel registration is not yet open. We will provide information when it is open.
Hotel Reservations are now open for the Sheraton Greensboro Hotel