Title: Essential Documentation: Practice Act to Medicare
Presenter: Martha Y. Zimmerman, PT, MA Ed
Location: CHS Blue Ridge--Morganton Campus (Grace Hospital)
Approved for 3 CEUs for Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapist and Occupational Therapy Assistants
Time: Registration: 8:00am to 8:30am
Course begins at 8:30am until 11:40am
Registration Fee: Non-APTA Members: $30; APTA Members: $5
Pay at the door by cash or check
To pre-register, send your name, credentials, and license number (and membership number if member) to email@example.com no later than Dec. 13.
For example: Mary Smith, PT, P34134, APTA Membership Number: 216054
Onsite Registration: 8:00am to 8:30am BASED ON SEAT AVAILABILITY
Description: The documentation course will review the NC Practice Act, common requirements for reimbursement, best practices for functional outcomes, and methods in reducing risk associated with documentation.
Upon completion of Essential Documentation: Practice Act to Medicare, participants will:
- Know the NC practice act, rule and position states on documentation critical to insure legal adherence.
- Understand how to documentation skilled level and medical necessity care to obtain reimbursement.
- Acknowledge appropriate goals that match evidence based functional test and assessments, aiding in improving patient outcomes.
- Recognize how to write daily notes that match or provide evidence toward obtaining goals through the use of functional tests and assessment tools.
- Learn how to avoiding fraud, abuse and other illegal issues related to documentation.